I wanted to give something small and self-made for Valentine's. Thinking about hearts my true Viennese-ness kicked in and supplied me with "Heart Crypt". The Heart Crypt is a burial chamber here in Vienna housing 54 urns containing the hearts of members of the House of Habsburg. So naturally I made a small box containing a thimble urn containing a raisin heart :)
To make your very own miniature Heart Urn you will need:
- Paint the thimble, coin, and (if necessary) bead with your nail varnish.
- Cut a piece of string the length of the inner circumference of the thimble opening.
- Glue the bead to middle of the nicer looking side of the coin and the string (in a circle) to the other.
- Cut plywood per hand using the template or with a laser cutter using the .eps.
The pieces on the left are the sides of the box.
The pieces on the right are (from the top) the bottom of the box, part of the lid, and the lid.
The middle of the middle piece on the right won't be used.
- Assemble the box.
- Cut bits of bast to put into the box as padding.
- Put raisin in thimble, put on coin lid, put into box, put on box lid.
- Voilà, you're done.
Happy Valentine's Day!