Wednesday 8 October 2014

Long Night of the Museums 2013

[This has been stuck in my drafts for a year and while I don't feel like finishing it I also don't want to delete the post, so here it is anyway:]

Saturday, October 5th, saw the 14th Long Night of the Museums in Austria, with over 700 museums participating country-wide.

We managed four museums this year.

Vienna Technical Museum | Technisches Museum Wien

My favourite robot was (obviously) food related. I present to you the pancake bot:





Austrian Military Museum | Heeresgeschichtliches Museum




Schlumberger Sparkling Cellars | Schlumberger Kellerwelten

The only alcohol I drink is Baileys (and that's usually in my hot chocolate), so the free glass of bubbly was somewhat wasted on me. But I do love old vaults and wine cellars.



Imperial & Royal Wine Treasure Vaults + Emperor Franz Joseph Hat Museum | K.u.K. Weinschatzkammer + Kaiser Franz Joseph Hutmuseum

Both the Treasure Vaults and the Hat Museum (plus a restaurant) are located in a 300 year old monastery cellar.

Visitors were invited to put on a fancy hat before starting the tour.




No comments:

Post a Comment